Hey There!

My photo
London, United Kingdom
A site about my crafty, adventurous, london life. Things that I make, things that I like, things that I do. And my attempts to find my own London. All the while trying not to be too homesick for California and the Bay Area.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Battersea Park Festival

It all happened a few weeks ago and Im just now posting about it. Sowie.
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee at Battersea Park!
More specifically, my booth, in the vintage village section of the festival.
The calm before the storm. 
See my pretty display! It all came together.

My lovely interns and I placed the final touches on our display before getting down to the business of actually teaching them how to make the darn things. hehe. I'd say they did a pretty good job!

My volunteers arrive and get stuck right in. Thanks for helping out Erica!


It got swarmed a few times. Steady most of the time with busy crafters. Everyone loved the idea.

Even had some face painters flown in. Wish I had time to get one myself. Cheers Yasmin!

                                     
Closed up shop a bit early as I ran out of everything! Shoulda done it in shifts. Lesson learned.




Got to leave a little early. Just in time for the walk across the bridge with sideways rain....awesome.

This is my "done" face, all droopy and wet on the doubledecker. But I did really have a fun time. Could not have gone smoother. People were asking about doing workshops at their schools with kids and encouraging me to do more with these. Got very motivated and excited for more.

Well that's it, shows over, nothing to see here, move along please!

xxx
~Valiant V



No comments:

Post a Comment